Founded in 2019, Lightstar Renewables (Lightstar) is paving the way for a cleaner energy future. We’re on a mission to provide local solar for the land and the community. As a solar community developer, we use environmentally sound best practices, aiming to leave the soil and local ecology better than we found while investing in long-term partnerships with our landowners. Lightstar is committed to being stewards of the land – leveraging the clean energy transition for preservation and conservation of resources is at the heart of what we do.
Lightstar Renewables (LSR) has an immediate opening for a Project Engineer reporting to the CTO to support the ongoing development of a solar generating portfolio focused on community solar.
The role is remote but will require in-person meetings and site visits from time to time. As LSR continues to grow, opportunities to develop unique skills will be available, as well as opportunities for advancement.
- Develop preliminary solar site plan designs using CAD, or other design tools.
- Run PVsyst models for project development and construction support.
- Review engineering designs for accuracy and provide recommendations for performance/cost optimization.
- Provide timely technical or relevant information necessary to meet internal processes or controls, including developing a summarized project EPC budget by reviewing and consolidating numbers from different sources.
- Initiate and coordinate the technical review process (including civil and electrical engineering, energy assessment, technology experts, permitting, etc.).
- Performing portions of the due diligence reviews, including technical impacts on the financial model (OPEX and CAPEX).
- Analyze information, identify problem resolutions, and recommend and implement corrective actions.
- Discuss and resolve technical issues with project developers and lenders/investors, including coordinating necessary input on such issues with the development team.
- Develop and write proposals for scopes of services related to due diligence work.
- As necessary, develop and negotiate sub-contractor, consultant, or engineering agreements, including safety plans, schedules, and scope of work required to fulfill project requirements.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- 1+ years of solar engineering and development experience involving multiple MW+ scale solar installations
- Educational solid credentials, including a bachelor’s degree in a relevant Engineering discipline
- Impeccable time-management skills are a must to handle multiple projects simultaneously, including prioritizing, organizing, and planning effectively to meet all deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships and work well with cross-functional teams, including Origination, Structuring, Operations, and Finance.
- Self-directed and capable of working effectively in a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Strong computer skills and detailed knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), and Microsoft Project; PV Syst; other solar project management or engineering software.
- Unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S.
- Ability to use GIS proficiently.
Compensation and benefits:
Not only will you get to work with a group of innovative, dedicated, and motivated peers, Lightstar is proud to offer our competitive compensation and benefits package:
- PTO – 20 days annually (+1 day/ anniversary year, Maximum 25)
- Unlimited sick time
- 2022 Holidays – 15 days
- Benefits – 100% employer-paid premiums for Health, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- 401k – 3.5% employer match
- Staff equity share plan
We’re Committed to Diversity:
Lightstar is committed to creating a welcoming environment that continually celebrates the diverse community different individuals cultivate at our company. As a proud equal opportunity employer, we pledge that all are welcome at Lightstar. Lightstar does not discriminate against current or potential employees based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, medical history, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.