Founded in 2019, Lightstar Renewables (Lightstar), is paving the way for a cleaner energy future. We’re on a mission to provide local solar for the land, and the community. As a community solar developer, this means we use environmentally sound best practices, aiming to leave the soil and local ecology better than we found it while investing in long-term partnerships with our land owners. Lightstar is committed to being stewards of the land – leveraging the clean energy transition for preservation and conservation of resources is at the heart of what we do.
Lightstar has an immediate opening for a Policy Manager to support the ongoing development of our community solar portfolio across the United States, with a particular focus on east coast markets.
This role will be 100% remote, but may require in person meetings from time to time. Co-working space is available for employees who prefer a hybrid work environment. As Lightstar continues to grow, opportunities to develop unique skills will be available as well as opportunities for advancement.
- Monitor and report on policy and regulatory matters on behalf of LSR in east coast markets, live and developing.
- Assist in identifying opportunities for LSR to expand its strategic mission-driven market presence.
- Help cultivate and maintain strong relationships with policymakers, industry colleagues, organizations, community groups and others.
- Represent Lightstar in industry association activities, legislative hearings, and conferences.
- Analyze state and federal legislation, budgets and administrative rules as well as conduct research to develop and advance LSR’s policy positions.
- Assist in advocacy for favorable policies for LSR and the solar industry more generally at the municipal, state, and federal levels.
- Collaborate/coordinate with other teams at LSR including Development, Marketing, Origination and Finance.
- Prepare internal and external documents and presentations with support from Marketing team.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Solid understanding and passion for renewable energy and land conservation.
- Minimum 2-3 years of work experience in the solar or renewables industry in a policy or policy adjacent position such as development or origination.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational abilities; able to analyze detailed policy language in multiple markets.
- Self-starter that can pick-up projects and activities quickly.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Great energy and the ability to be flexible.
- Knowledge of east coast solar markets preferred.
Compensation and benefits:
Not only will you get to work with a group of innovative, dedicated, and motivated peers, Lightstar is proud to offer our competitive compensation and benefit package:
- PTO – 20 days annually (+1 day/ calendar year, Maximum 25)
- Unlimited sick time
- 2022 Holidays – 15 days
- Benefits – 100% employer-paid premiums for Health Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance
- 401k – 3.5% employer match
We’re Committed to Diversity:
Lightstar is committed to creating a welcoming environment that continually celebrates the diverse community different individuals cultivate at our company. As a proud equal opportunity employer, we pledge that all are welcome at Lightstar. Lightstar does not discriminate against current or potential employees based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, medical history, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.